Family Favorites

Family Favorites
The love of a family is life's greatest blessing

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Having a Girl

Before I write this post I need to make sure that it's clear to everyone but especially to you Kaleb that all of my children mean the world to me!  Each one has a unique and very special place in my heart.  You Kaleb my first born son, you were the one that introduced me to motherhood, I was a mother in training, and every little milestone was my first, first.  And Nathaniel is our last baby so of course that makes him super special too.  With him I know I have to savor every little moment because I will never have the moments back and forever he will be the baby in the family.  Having said that, I still want to write my very special feelings that I have for my little girl, my only girl, my sweet, precious Olivia.  

Darling child having you means so much to me because you are my only girl.  You brought pink into my life of blues and greens.  You were the oldest preemie and biggest of my babies a huge 2 pounds and 11 oz and 15 inches long.  You were breathing on your own and only needed to get rid of jaundice, and feed and grow.  I got to hold you within 24 hours of your birth. And It was amazing! I was able to kangaroo care for you for hours on end and you loved it immediately.  Medically your challenges were so small compared to the boys.  My worries for you were so much less thus I got to enjoy the journey without having much concern for your health.  And frankly, it's easier to relate to you.

Having you in my life means having special girl time.  I'm able to do so many of the things I enjoyed in my own childhood, or even now still enjoy as an adult:

I love having our special "spa time" in the bathroom doing our nails, and hair together.



I love playing dolls, barbies and tea parties and dress up with you.



From the beginning I have love dressing you up in the cutest clothes and always tried to include accessories.


And to this day, I think this has has influenced your style.  

You picked this outfit out complete from head to toe!

You are pure sweetness


and joy




a bundle of laughs



and pure love.  

I am super blessed and delighted to have you in my life my sweet, adorable and most lovable little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment