Family Favorites

Family Favorites
The love of a family is life's greatest blessing

Friday, July 22, 2011

Visiting Nana - Pismo Beach

This past weekend we packed up the car and headed up to visit Nana and Auntie Jillian in beautiful Santa Maria.  We had a jammed packed weekend full of a variety of adventures.

On Friday we had breakfast with Nana then headed to Pismo beach.  We walked around the shops, and the pier.  We watched people fish. And we were next to a guy who caught one right before our eyes.  He brought up the fish, placed it right in front of Olivia.  She got to watch the fish flop around.  This freaked her out.  Kaleb thought it was cool.  Both kids touched the fish and then even got to touch a fish and Olivia got to throw it back in the ocean.  

Then we had a delicious authentic Mexican food for lunch.  I had my all time favorite sopes.  They were so mouthwatering!  After lunch we headed to a park that had the most amazing views of the ocean.  This park instantly became one of Olivia's favorite parks because it had a long neck dinosaurs and three dinosaur eggs to play in.  Olivia, Nathaniel and I played momma and baby dinosaurs, dug around the long neck dinosaur looking for more "dinosaur bones" and  enjoyed the playground equipment with Nana.    



My baby dinosaurs in their egg
My favorite moments of the day were spending time together with our family, watching Kaleb and JJ play catch with the football, Kaleb trying new creative skateboard tricks and watching Olivia make new girl friends on the tire swing.  They were so cute together they began whispering in each other's ears telling secrets and giggling together.  This was so adorable and innocent to me.  The girls had just met yet they were having so much fun together whispering in each others ears.  

After playing in the park we bought cinnamon rolls to enjoy.  We headed home went into the backyard and devoured the delicious tasty treats.  The kids played outside for awhile.  Then we headed out to Solvang to see the PCPA performance of Hairspray featuring our very own Auntie Jillian as  Amber Von tussle.  The show was amazing and Jillian was brilliant.  The kids had a blast watching the show.  I'm beside myself that we didn't get a picture with her and the kids as Amber.  



hairspray20.jpg

Here is a picture of Jillian as Amber.  I've always loved an adored Jillian as my very own.  She was 18 months when JJ and I started dating and was probably one of the reasons I fell in love with him.  She was absolutely adorable.  She was petite, had big beautiful eyes with the longest eye lashes and was so beyond well spoken for her age.  I loved playing with her at the park, at my house and watching her when JJ's family went out.  
Olivia reminds me so much Jillian.  And even though now I have my very own similar version on Jillian know I'd say they are a pretty close tie for most adorable little girls in the world.  I love you Jillian and am so very proud of all that you have become and accomplished.  You are one beautiful young lady and the kids think you are absolutely brilliant!  Especially Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment