Family Favorites

Family Favorites
The love of a family is life's greatest blessing

Monday, May 30, 2011

Unconventional Memorial Day - Driving Range

Kaleb skater gone golfing
JJ getting ready to drive the ball
Nathaniel sitting patiently 





Not so patient any more but still behaving





Olivia trying the one handed swing
We spent Memorial Day doing more unconventional things this year.  The day started with a family breakfast of crepes topped with our family favorites; peanut butter and jelly, nutella and strawberries with whipped cream.  After our delicious breakfast, the boys, Kaleb and JJ went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 while Olivia, Nathaniel and I played hide and go seek and colored.  Once the boys got home and reported on how good the movie was we played outside for a little bit, playing balloon volley ball and then we had shredded chicken tacos for lunch.  After lunch JJ, Olivia and Kaleb went swimming at the Carmel Valley Recreational Center while I put Nathaniel down for a nap and cleaned up the house.  Once the kids got home and were showered and bathed we headed out to the driving range to hit some golf balls.  This was a brave task to accomplish with a toddler in tow.  Nathaniel behaved pretty well despite the fact that he now wants to explore and walk everywhere.  And Olivia kept herself pretty busy too attempting a few shots herself with the plastic golf clubs that has been used in the backyard for years as a bat, hammer, hockey stick, basically anything but golf clubs.  I started out pretty rusty in fact, I almost hit a real golfer on one of my first shots.  Kaleb was cracking up.  But once I relaxed and remembered my first principle of golf; take a deep breath before each shot and just loosen up.  I had a blast and did pretty.  I hit a few long shot for me.  Over 175 and they wee even straight! This was quite surprising since I hadn't touched a golf club for almost ten years or as I like to refer to as BC (before children).  It felt so good to return to something I enjoyed doing before kids.  It also motivated me to want to go out and try again and even perhaps with a little practice and time go to a real golf course and try a real game.  After our golf adventure we went and had dinner at Red Robin.  The day turned out great for not really having concrete plans.  And for ditching our original plan of beach or BBQ at Heather's.

No comments:

Post a Comment