Family Favorites

Family Favorites
The love of a family is life's greatest blessing

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Miracle I see when I look at you - Nathaniel











Nathaniel at 14oz about 1 week old
The definition of miracle according to the free dictionary is, "an event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God.  Nathaniel there is not a day that goes by that I am not reminded of the miracle and pure act of God that your life represents.  Everything that you do completely overwhelms me.  I am brought to my knees in reverence and thankfulness to God.  When I see you I remember speaking to the perinatologist prior to being admitted and him saying, "less than 10% chance of survival based on your size."  I remember clearly June 6, 2009 your birthday the day I saw you for the first time laying in your isolette with all the noise, machines, tubes, lines keeping you alive.  The feeling of pure helplessness as I couldn't even touch you because it would throw your vitals through the roof.  And today as I watched you play at the park my heart ached with joy and appreciation.  You have been through such a journey.  You have proved so much strength, desire to live, zest, and feistyness.  And now, my dear child you are walking, climbing, sliding, playing and all I can say is WOW!  I am so honored that God chose me to be your mother, to take on such an amazing journey with you.  I am so privileged to be a witness to your amazing life and God's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment