Family Favorites

Family Favorites
The love of a family is life's greatest blessing

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Balboa Park

We took abuelita to Balboa Park to hang out Sunday afternoon.  It was a perfect Sunday afternoon, the weather was warm and the kids were ready to explore a different part of the park.  We first checked out the World Beat Center and walk in but nothing was going on as far as performance, then we hit the Centro De La Raza and they were having a private performance.  So, naturally the hits saw the playground and we stopped for a few hours of some creative fun time.  Kaleb found a rail to boardslide.  I never thought I'd know what that meant but I do now that I have a skater boy.  Olivia found a few dinosaurs in the sandbox to play with.  And of course we couldn't keep Nathaniel off the slide.  

We then walked around the park and enjoyed the sites: beautiful cathedrals, gardens, and street entertainment.  My mom and I were craving burgers and by the time we were on starve mode from all the playing and exploring we ended up at El Prado, a restaurant I've been wanting to check out.  The burgers were delicious and expensive $17 but worth it!!!





Kaleb's boardslide


Olivia playing with a long neck
Nathaniel playing on the slide








Abuelita and the little grandkids










The day was extremely fun!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment