Family Favorites

Family Favorites
The love of a family is life's greatest blessing

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Scavengere Hunt - Getting Kaleb Excited for School

Kaleb had been feeling a little apprehensive, and a bit anxious for school to begin.  He'd heard from several school mates that fourth year was going to be very hard.  I'd been feeling his lack of excitement for days and truly started feeling sad for him.  So, one of the mornings that we dropped him off at Jr. Lifeguards Olivia and I went on a shopping spree for back to school clothes for him.  She was so adorable helping me pick out different outfits for him at Tilly's, Kaleb's favorite store.  So the Saturday before school started I drafted up the clues for Kaleb to begin his quest to find his treats scattered around the house.  
The scavengere hunt began with a note on the door leading him to clue number one in the oven.  He had a blast finding wrapped gifts of jeans, t-shirts, button ups and socks throughout the house.  It was a perfect way to get him excited about school.  After the hunt, I gave him the option of returning any items that he didn't love.  He was so cute because he wanted to check what was at Tilly's but was afraid to hurt my feelings if he told me he didn't love an item.  I proposed we take the bag full of clothes and have him browse around.  Funny thing is after walking around Tilly's we only exchange a few things for bigger sizes and changed up a few colors.  I did a pretty good job in picking out skater clothes according to Kaleb.  He even told me I was a cool mom.  It was so much fun to put a smile on my big guys face before school began.

Shirt in the oven

Jeans in the guest room shower


Button up in scrapbook office

all this equates to one happy, stylish ready to learn Kaleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment