Family Favorites

Family Favorites
The love of a family is life's greatest blessing

Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of School - Fourth Grade










Summer has officially ended for my dear son Kaleb.  Today was his first day of school.  He was nervous, and excited to take on this new adventure.  He picked out his new outfit from the clothes he got from the scavenger hunt adventure he had last Saturday.  He is styling in a Neff t-shirt, Levis 511 Supper Skinny jeans, a Spit Fire backpack and a thrifted Fedora his nana gave him for Christmas a few years back.  Kaleb's homeroom teacher is Mrs. Brown and one of the newest things he gets to experience in fourth grade is changing teachers for a few specialized subjects.  The coolest part of school for this year according to Kaleb is that his homeroom gets to pilot a program I-Pads for learning.  Only three classrooms out of entire school were selected.  He is supper excited to get his hands on the I-Pad.  Learning is going to be so much fun for him this year. 
As I took his first day of fourth grade pictures this year I reflected on how much Kaleb is maturing.  He is more self sufficient, more willing to help (though sometimes with a little attitude) but overall he is still the same sweet little guy with such a tender heart (despite all the teasing Olivia gets).  He is still a cuddle bug (on his on terms) and still values approval from his mommy.  I am flabbergasted about how fast time is passing and how big my baby is getting.  When I look at him I still am brought to tears in appreciation for his beautiful life.  I am so grateful to God for my precious Kaleb, my first born, and most cried after baby as he was my first premature baby.

Kaleb this is a poem I often share with you now but would alway recite to you as a baby and toddler.  It's from one of my favorite books we shared when you were a baby.

I like you for always
I love you forever
As long as I'm living 
My baby you'll be

How true is this.  No matter how much you grow deep down in my heart you are my first little one that rocked in my arms my precious.

Love,
Mommy    

And here is a little recap of First Day Pictures 
1st day of Kindergarden

1st day of 1st Grade


1st day of Second Grade
1st day of Third Grade

1st day of Fourth Grade




Wow look how much you've grown  over the years my sweet love. There is one thing that hasn't changed - your style.  Kaleb, you are colorful and bold and a true skater in heart and spirit!

Enjoy your journey! Have a fantastic 4th Grade.

I love you!!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment