Family Favorites

Family Favorites
The love of a family is life's greatest blessing

Monday, February 14, 2011

Holding Time Still with Olivia



It's Valentines Day today and I'm so fortunate to get to spend the day with one of the greatest loves of my life - my sweetie pie Olivia. We woke up early took Kaleb to school and then went for a walk around the neighborhood. Nathaniel stayed home with abuelita and I got to enjoy some special mommy/daughter moments. We talked about Olivia's favorite thing right now - Dinosaurs! We laughed together, played and pretended we were on a dinosaur hunt. We took out our imaginary binoculars and looked out for the t-rex, triceratops, and stegosaurus, her three favorites. We went to the greenbelt, our shared grass area and dug for "Dino" bones and teeth which were rocks. During this time I couldn't help but ponder how much my baby Olivia has changed since I held her in my arms for the first time. She now has very clear and distinct interest, she takes initiative on her own to learn about her interest. She has grown up so fast before my eyes. Realizing this made me feel sadness for I knew those "baby moments" were gone. I now have preschool moments with her instead. Then, I came to a realization about how much I have to look forward to with her. All the many things I will be doing with her and learning about her. For a second, I imagined what life would be like in 10 years. What would that same walk look and sound like? What would her life be like, her interest, and what would we be talking about? And at that moment all I wanted to do was embrace my beautiful little girl and hold on to what we were sharing at that moment. I wanted time to hold still and treasure the moment. I took out my phone and captured the moment for us to remember forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment