Family Favorites

Family Favorites
The love of a family is life's greatest blessing

Friday, March 4, 2011

Selling our Home


This is such a hard post to write but I feel as if I have to write about it - therapy. We moved into this house four years ago it closed March 31st 2007. I was in my second trimester pregnant with Olivia. During that time buying a house represented so much for me. It meant a new
beginning for JJ and I, a renewing of our commitment to our relationship after two and half years of being separated. A fresh new start. During the last four years, we've built a life together in our home. We've been pregnant five times - we've lost three precious angels and two babies have been brought home. We've shared many holidays, birthdays, and family events. So many memories and traditions have been built together in our home. Yet, we've come to the point where we have to sell the house - our home. It's so hard for me to let go of the house mainly because of the meaning built around it and the dreams I once had that are now lost. Friends and family have tried to comfort me by saying, "it's only a house." Most the time I would agree with this statement because truly it doesn't matter where you live as long as you have your family healthy and happy, however, I don't think they realize how much meaning the house had for me. It's not so much the value of the house, the walls, the rooms or anything like that but rather the commitment that was made from purchasing the house after such a devastating separation. And now watching this dream of our home come to an end - knowing that very soon it will no longer be ours makes it so very hard for me. So, here is the official "for sale" sign and the little angel that brought all this together for us. Our little princess Olivia hugging the sign that is advertising the selling of our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment